Monday, March 26, 2007

Entertaining reading, I must say.

I picked this up in Hawaii about 5 years ago. Its currently out of print and was being discarded.
Lots of interesting stuff. Lemme know if you want to sit down and look at it sometime. It makes the whole process of pregnancy very scary, especially if you are not a white person. When you look at it you will see what I mean.
Check out the first copyright. 1902? And the last is 1964. 62 years of progress documented right here in this book.
There are quite a few pictures like this one, and they call the babies monsters. This was the only one I could bear to post up. Maybe I will get more brave later.
I have been told by my birth attendant, or 'doula', if you will, not to look at myself in the nether regions after birth for awhile. This picture is the first stage of the head getting ready to come out. I am sure you can imagine all the other stages. Need I say more?
And finally, this is my husbands newborn photo that I wanted to share. Cute, isn't he?

No comments: